Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Suco de Limão com Casca, Brazilian Limeade that will change your life...

So, I’m not a great cook, but every guy should know a few things to impress girls. Every once in a while, I try some new food that I think is fantastic, and I add it to my list of recipes to master. During the first week that I lived in Brazil, a friend gave me Suco de Limão com Casca or Brazilian Limeade as we call it here. WOW! It has a fantastic flavor and is sooo refreshing.

A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to know the recipe for myself.  I looked up a few recipes online, and did some experimenting of my own.  My dad and I made a batch for my family, and they loved it. I recommend giving it a try.

Ingredients:

2 limes, washed
¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
½ cup sugar
3 cups water
Ice



Process:

Combine sweetened condensed milk, sugar, water, and *ice in the blender. Blend until well mixed. Cut each lime into 8 wedges. DO NOT PEEL! Put wedges in the blender and **pulse 5 to 10 times. Strain the limeade to remove peels, and serve! Each batch serves 4 and is best served immediately, as letting it sit for an extended period of time can allow it to become bitter.



*We like blending the ice up in the drink, but you could also put the cubes into the glass and pour the juice over it to serve. Or you could do both.

**The number of times may depend on the blender, but make sure that you don’t blend it too much, because it will become bitter. It doesn’t take much to get the juice out of the limes.

1 comment:

  1. SO GOOD! We loved it and we can't wait for you to make it again.
    xoxox,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete