Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Resolution...

So, I was thinking these last few days about some things that I would like to work on this next year.  I have always struggled to keep a journal.  I have always struggled with any sort of record keeping.  I recently read a fantastic talk by President Eyring, a leader in my church, that really got me thinking.  In his talk "O Remember, Remember", which I highly recommend, he counseled us to:

"...find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. You remember that song we sometimes sing: "Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

One of the ways that God has shown kindness to me is by providing opportunities for me to learn.  So many times I have had experiences and received blessings that have helped me in crucial moments.  Every day I learn something new.  This year I want to make a new effort to remember the things that I learn.  I intend for this to be a record of lessons I have learned, as well as new ones that I encounter as I continue with school, work, and just everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment